Although the full version of RideMax is Windows application, as of May, 2011, we're pleased to announce a web-based beta version of RideMax that works on the Mac browser, as well as on iPhone and Android mobile systems. This beta is free to all subscribers. Please read our blog post announcing the web-based beta for iPhone, Androiod, and Mac.
Although the "full" version of RideMax is currently a Windows application, we've had customers report success using RideMax on the Mac by installing the free 30-day trial of a program called CrossOver first. Note that unless you actually purchase CrossOver, the 30-day trial would limit your use of RideMax to 30 days as well, but this is often plenty of time in which to plan a single trip.
If you wish to use RideMax on your Mac with CrossOver, here are the details for setting this up:
1. Visit the Code Weavers website, and download and install the free 30-day trial of CrossOver.
2. Click on the download link in your RideMax confirmation email. This should place the RideMax Install program in your "Downloads" folder on the Mac.
3. Start CrossOver, and on the CrossOver main screen, click on the link labeled "CrossOver Software Installer."
4. Once the CrossOver Software Installer window opens, in the top list of applications scroll down, and under "Unsupported Applications" choose the item labeled "Other Application".
5. Now just below the top list, click on the item labeled "Select an Installer."
6. On the "Select an installer" screen, select the item labled "Choose Installer File..."
7. When the file selection screen opens, find the RideMax install file, which should normally be located in your "Downloads" folder. Double-click on this, which should cause the installer to be selected. Click on the "Install" button in the lower-right corner of the screen.
8. This should launch the RideMax install program. After reviewing the licence agreement, select "close" to exit the setup when completed. You should now see a window open which contains the RideMax program icon. (The icon is blue for Disneyland, or orange for Disney World.) Double-click on this to launch RideMax, then enter your registration information (from your RideMax "Welcome" email), and create your plans!